sked

sked

Sunday 12 April 2015

Refining skills.

A couple of weeks ago I had a lady and now friend come on one of my spoon carving courses wanting to refine her spoon carving skills. There were a couple of things she wanted to look at, one was to achieve a thinner neck and the other was to add a natural curve and flow from a flat piece of timber rather than a crook.

Teaching someone who knows the correct and safe use of tools is always a pleasure as you can watch them knowing that they are safe, and also they can be more receptive to what they want to achieve.


This makes them more focused and the course can be tailored around their needs.


A great day and productive too.
The spoon on the right is a spoon that I carved as a demo spoon as a recap at the end of the day. Now I have never timed myself making a spoon but It must have taken me under 10 minutes to carve from a flat billet.
I promised to finish the spoon as a gift as she liked it, once it was dry it needed a few finishing cuts in order to achieve a smooth finish.


And the finished spoon ready to put in the post.


11 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post now my wife will want me to make a spoon too. Just started a blog my self with my latest carving invite you to take a look http://richardbrown7bc.blogspot.com/ from Richard Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post now my wife will want me to make a spoon too. Just started a blog my self with my latest carving invite you to take a look http://richardbrown7bc.blogspot.com/ from Richard Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoon Rest in the shape of a cucumber or pickle?
    spoon rest

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for taking the time for you to share such a nice information
    Vegetable Carving Courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 days ago, I told about about Jim's WoodProfit course.

    ==> http://www.woodprofits.com?kslskd547fd

    I've spoken on the phone with Jim Morgan and I'm just
    blown away by his simple and effective strategy to
    make money .

    He started his woodworking business with NO capital,
    a few shop tools, and a lot of nerve, in a small
    10x20 foot space and grew it into a 1,400 space in
    the first few months while still remaining as a
    one-person business!

    See his story at:
    ==> http://www.woodprofits.com?kslskd547fd

    Now if you want earn some pocket money during this
    recession and run an easy to start and fun business,
    then you'll LOVE this guide.

    It contains all the information you need to start making
    money from the very first job...

    ==> http://www.woodprofits.com?kslskd547fd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice product that i've ever seen. I am very excited to see that. I really like your pic inside this blog. Thanks for sharing with us. sourcing-asia

    ReplyDelete