Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Made a sheath for my adze

I made a sheath for my adze yesterday, the dye is almost dry so I thought I would get some photos of it.
The sheath is made from some old scraps of leather that I had lying around, it was cut from a piece that I was experimenting with when doing some tooling.
Its 3mm thick veg tanned, wet formed around the adze and dyed dark brown, I used a sam brown stud for the fastener at the rear of the sheath, the pattern that was tooled into the leather was mostly removed when it was wet formed but some of it has survived, as it was made to protect the cutting edge it doesn't matter as it will do its job for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment