sked

sked

Friday 6 August 2010

My new knife

I ordered a friction folder from Joel Delorme after seeing another that he had made on his Blog. It arrived today and I am really pleased with it, I took it to work with me as it will be my everyday carry and at work I always use and need a knife for various tasks.

I asked Joel to use some Yew as I dont have any knives with Yew handles and he used a very nice piece indeed, the scales are matched on both sides and the line of the
heart wood follows the contours of the handle.
The spacers are made from blued mild steel with an insert of Brass, Joel did his etching using garlic pieces and vinegar on the blade made from 01 steel which gives it the effect of Damascus steel, Joel also did some very nice file work on the spine which sets the knife off perfectly.

All in all I am over the moon with the knife and Joels work is of a very high standard indeed, I would highly recommend his knives to anyone.




Close up of the blade





File work on the spine


http://www.joeldelormeknives.webs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment