sked

sked

Saturday 18 December 2010

Wonky Ash Wood Spirit Staff

Well I've just finished another Wood Spirit staff made from Ash, this one is a bit wonky and I gave him a long
beard, I think I might be getting addicted to carving these!.
I fitted another Brass ferrule, I've yet to make a lanyard for it, although it looks ok without one.



A picture of the two wise old Spirits by my front door in the hall.







Druids wands were often made from Ash I found an interesting site which has a section on trees.
http://www.thegoddesstree.com/trees/Ash.htm

3 comments:

  1. Hi Simon,
    Love the staffs, they work really well, must give it a go my self one of these days.
    What tools do you use?
    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark.
    I just used some cheap fine detail carving tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully done, I could definitely use one of your staves as the bases for my new project. Do you have a catalogue? Chokonen@gmail.com, thanks. Chokonen.

    ReplyDelete