sked

sked

Saturday 24 March 2012

Frosts 106 in Laburnum

I finished a new carver today, its made from Laburnum from a very old tree that we had to cut down the other year, the blade is a frosts 106 from Dennis at Brisa. I really like these blades and I have wanted to handle one for ages now, my dilema was how to do it, most of my users are knives that I have handled myself and I like the rustic look and tooled finish you get when shapping them to fit your hand. For this I wanted something a bit posh! haha, I really like the Laburnum handle and sanding it down did the wood proud showing its stunning colour and figure.



The tooled leather sheath is one I made a few years ago, it fits a treat.



The handle is very comfy in all grips and is a joy to carve with.



I will be using this one as a finishing knife I think.

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful work Simon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ihave a bit of laburnum here but i am worried about using it,did you suffer from any toxic affects from the wood dust?

    ReplyDelete