sked

sked

Thursday 12 April 2012

A few gypsy flowers and a Kuksa.

I have been showing my daughter who is two and a half now to make gypsy flowers on the shave horse.


















She has enjoyed it and together we have made a few flowers for the garden .














I have also just finished this Kuksa made from Birch, I stained it up with a coffee solution and Kolrosed the handle.

























Its came out ok as it was very plain in colour before, the coffee has stained it a nice rustic colour.

6 comments:

  1. Realy cool thing to do with your kids. My youngest is whittling with a potato peeler at the moment and just loves it.

    Love the colour the coffe stains the wood. Is that just a cold cup of coffee that you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the potato peeler idea, I mixed up a couple of spoons of coffee in a little bit of boiled water just added it with a brush.

      Delete
  2. Great picture with your daughter Simon, Its nice when they want to get involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that pic addo, she really liked making the flowers and was ower the moon when she showed her Mum.

      Delete