sked

sked

Saturday 24 May 2014

Spoon carving competition

I recently entered a spoon and ladle carving competition at the Sormlands museam in Sweden.
There were over 200 entries from all over the world, out of these 15 were chosen for the gallery participants to vote on the best. You can see the chosen spoons here.
I entered 3 spoons but none of mine were chosen in the 15 but all of the entries are exhibited in the museams exhibition  TASTE OF WOOD at Nynäs manor in Tystberga, Sweden, during the summer .
This is a great honour for me and I'm very happy to have spoons in the exhibition amongst the other very good spoons.

Here are the spoons that I entered.















I've never entered my work in a competition before but it was a great experience for me and great to see all the other fantastic spoons in a gallery environment. Sadly I won't be able to visit the exhibition but if your in Sweden please visit the exhibition.

Here are the spoons that were entered.



1 comment:

  1. Wow these are some really sublime spoon carvings, i am a fan !! Thanks for posting it on your blog, and sharing it with all of us. Splendid post.

    ReplyDelete