sked

sked

Monday, 3 November 2014

Found some time to carve.

Ive been very bust recently with work and other things but managed some time to carve some very nice silver Birch.
I have also recieved in the post from Israel a lovely eating spoon from a friend Yoav Elkayam. Along with this wonderfull hand drawn envelope.


I met Yoav at Spoonfest this year and gifted him a little salt spoon from Birch.
I was delighted with his spoon and enjoyed eating my breakfast with it.


In fact I have used it daily ever since and it's a great spoon.

I also saw a post by another friend Sharif Adams, he wrote on his blog of an Apple wood spoon I gave him when I visited his home for a bowl carving course at the start of the year. He has been using it a lot since and it's one of his favourite spoons.


Mine is the one on the left with a very nice patina, I am thrilled that my spoons are enjoyed and used daily, it's a great compliment.

Finding some carving time at the weekend was very much needed and carving this rather nice Birch wood was very rewarding.




I am enjoying carving serving spoons at the moment, I'm also enjoying playing around with some different designs and styles.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete