sked

sked

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Kuksa for a friend.

I finished the kuksa that I showed in one of my past posts, there is a nice story behind it and now that the new owner has recieved it, I thought that I would share it with you.

A good friend of mine is being made reduntant from the company where I work, I will be sad to see him go as we pass each other every morning and have good chats about all sorts of subjects, one of his favourite subjects is handmade catapults and walking sticks, I have saved him wood in the past and he makes catapults from the forked bits of branches, he knows that I carve but has never seen any of my work so I thought that I would make him a Kuksa, its made from Birch and I have presented it in this box with dry wood chippings that are saved from the making of the Kuksa. I also cut a piece of the bark from the tree that the wood came from and hand written onto it some care instructions for the Kuksa.







I hope he enjoys using it for many years to come.
If your reading this fella good luck for the future and all the best to you and your family.

Simon.

4 comments:

  1. An amazing gift and a beautiful Kuksa. You have your own style and I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A homemade gift comes from the heart,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolly good show old boy, now that's a gift with some thought and effort gone into it! Bet he will love it, and hopefully cheer him up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the very kind comments, thanks DeanO for recomending my blog.

    ReplyDelete