sked

sked

Saturday 10 August 2013

Spoonfest 2013

Well I have just got round to typing this post about Spoonfest 2013. It was a great event with some fantastic carvers from all over the world spending quality carving time in the stunning Edale valley.
I had a great time with some friends and attended some fantastic and inspiring workshops from Jarrod Stone Dahl and Jan Harm Ter Brugge. Me and my good friend Paul Adamson also made an axe with Nic Westermann which I am buying from Nic when its heat treated and ground, I cant wait to handle it and make some spoons with it.

























































Its an amazing thing to do and watch how the axe is formed from a block of steel into a beautiful looking and functional axe.
I also did some fantastic trades with some great spooncarvers for some of my spoons and managed to make a few over the weekend too.






















It was a fantastic weekend and next years Spoonfest cant come quick enough for me, so a big thank you to all of those who took part and a big thank you to the organisers and all of those who helped out making the whole event run smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment